Delivering high rates of economic growth in the Penrith region over the next 20 years will be enhanced through the growth of diverse & innovative industries that can leverage off the natural economic strengths of the City.
Some of the existing natural economic strengths of Penrith have been identified as:
- A strong health and wellness sector (Nepean Hospital & specialised support medical services)
- A strong education sector (UWS, TAFE WSI)
- A strong recreation sector (the Lakes, Panthers, the River)
- Strong centres and enterprise corridors (CBD, Mulgoa enterprise corridor)
The Penrith Business Alliance intends to help facilitate the development of the “Penrith Economic Corridor” as a key driver of local economic growth over the next 10 years.
These efforts will seek to:
- Support the development of health and wellness businesses
- Develop the potential of recreation and entertainment assets of the corridor
- - Page under construction